Favorite Scripts for New (and old) Agents
Some of these are mine, originals. Most have landed in my brain over the years of interacting with top agents, talking with thousands of buyers and sellers, sitting in or delivering hundreds of hours of trainings. Some of these I personally take credit for, some I have no idea the origin but it would have come from some savvy Realtor somewhere. Narrow down to your few favorites then go over them a hundred times until they are permanently embedded in your cells.
Look for our other FAVORITE SCRIPTS posts in the “What What” blog category.
Here we go … some favorite scripts for being effective with buyers and sellers:
- “At any given time, I can effectively work with 3-4 buyers who are ready and “clients” (group 1), 3-4 who are preparing (group 2) and 3-4 who are in the discussion stage (group 3). Right now you are in group 3. Let’s talk about your timeline and motivation so I can align my motivation with yours.”
- “Your mother (sister, friend, neighbor) is in real estate? I would be honored to be the 2nd agent on your list.”
- “Did you know that a 1% increase in interest rates (from 5% – 6%) decreases your buying power by 10%? So if you qualified for a $200k mortgage at 5% that you would only qualify for a $180k mortgage at 6%.”
- “I am a great negotiator; you want me on your team. If I am in a competitive situation, I usually win.”
- “I am assuming since you called me that you are not working with an agent. (oh, I am.) Have you signed anything? Because if you have then I cannot interfere because we have a code of ethics. I assume that if you are that you are working with someone who is doing a good job of getting you this information.”
- “It may take 110% of list to get the best homes in this neighborhood. If you’re not willing to pay 110%, it won’t work in this neighborhood for the best homes. If you’re not competitive, you can’t win.”
- “I’m in the business of knowing the real estate needs of my friends and family. So if I do not ask you this question every now and then, then I’m not doing my job.”
What’s your favorite? Add to the list by commenting below.