WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED as a real estate solo practitioner? Business 101?
I posted this on facebook recently looking for your insight, looking for the 1 or 2 key things you have learned about succeeding in the real estate business. What I love about this list is that it is not necessarily Realtor advice … I think it falls in to BUSINESS 101 and is helpful for most of us moving our professional endeavors forward.
It may have been one specific thing you learned in a class, one specific thing one instructor said or did, it may be the one overall concept or philosophy that has impacted you. Here is what you offered:
- There’s no secrets. Just consistency.
- Do the work and you will see results!
- Pick your ONE THING and become the best at it.
- Time blocking. Scripts.
- And how to become wealthy in real estate.
- I say this to myself literally everyday “fail moving forward”. I believe Melanie said this in one Ignite class and it stuck with me!!! I just keep moving forward not being afraid to fail. Also, finding your own “best way to lead generate”. It doesn’t have to be anyone else’s way. Find what works best for you. Networking works great for me. I never say no to any networking event. I’m exhausted – but it’s my “best way.”
- Always respond within 5 minutes or less of an email, phone call, text, etc. REALLY sets you apart.
- Time blocking.
- Commit to being purposeful.
- Teamwork …new agents use your team and connections. Don’t be afraid to ask for help!
- Believe in yourself. Trust your instincts! Surround yourself w/ smarties!
- Oh and do the work, it pays off!
- Lead Gen/Lead Follow up. That’s what this business is all about.
- Gary Keller says that our actual job is lead generate – not “sell” homes. It’s true!
- Lead gen, lead gen, and more lead gen and without a doubt, KW has the best support, systems, and education.
- If it isn’t in your schedule it doesn’t exist.
- 5 Nurtures and 1 appointment set per day.
- Come from a place of gratitude and remember that everyone is doing “the best they can.”
What have you learned?