The surprisingly simple truth Behind Extraordinary Results
Have you read Gary Keller’s bestseller The ONE Thing yet? Read it more than once and pass it on to your friends. I reference this book regularly, it helps me stay on track.
What’s the ONE Thing you can do such that by doing it everything else will be easier or unnecessary? In the number one Wall Street Journal bestseller, Gary Keller has identified that behind every successful person is their ONE Thing. No matter how success is measured, personal or professional, only the ability to dismiss distractions and concentrate on your ONE Thing stands between you and your goals. The ONE Thing is about getting extraordinary results in every situation.
Here are my top takeaways
- Don’t average your life; don’t dumb it down.
- There’s a lot of competition at the average level; very little at extraordinary.
- “Whenever I had a victory or win, I realized I had narrowed my focus.”
- Over time getting smarter and smarter at 1 thing.
- People who work overtime actually do not make more money that those who don’t … time ≠ money
- It’s fine to be average at 99% of what you do, just so you’re extraordinary at 1%.
- Drop the to-do list; replace it with your success list.
- When you get one good habit in your life, you tend to get another … domino effect.
- Plan your day around energy and willpower (your battery power).
- Forward-thinking people vs. small thinkers & low achievers … who are you hanging with? As a parent, you fear who your kid hangs with. Why wouldn’t we do the same with ourselves?
- Big habits … big outcomes; small habits … small life.
- Start: think big, start small. Narrow it down to the 1 thing that matters most & hammer away at it.
- Everyone fails; not everyone gets up.
- Don’t stop until you accomplish the thing you need … you have nothing else to do until you achieve your one thing.
- The 4 Thieves of Productivity: inability to say no, fear of chaos, poor health habits, environment doesn’t support your goal
- Slim your life down to get it big. (you’re gonna say no to a lot of stuff)
- “Your mother was right when she cautioned you to be careful of the company you keep. The individuals in your life will influence you and impact you—probably more than you give them credit for.”
Get more here: http://www.the1thing.com/